Luxury Private Island Property for Sale: Cougar Island
Don’t Miss the Rare Opportunity of Owning an Island within an Island
Kiawah Island’s eastern end offers a spectacular 25-acre estate property tucked along the winding curves of Bass Creek. Known as Cougar Island, the property’s address lies at 85 Ocean Course Drive — yes, that Ocean Course.
This remarkable stretch of land gets you an intimate look at the best landscape the Island has to offer. Sun-drenched marshlands, grand native trees, and sparkling blue water. Connected to Ocean Course Drive via private entrance, this expansive property offers truly exceptional privacy.
Continue reading to learn more about this luxury private island property for sale.
Details about the Luxury Private Island
With just under 25 acres of marsh and highland, Cougar Point is the largest homesite in the history of Kiawah Island. The buildable region of the landscape comprises 3.78 acres of highland featuring 360 degrees of water views and marsh scenery. Bass Creek connects the peninsula to the Kiawah and Stono Rivers, and it is 16 miles or 45 minutes away from downtown Charleston by boat.
Other unique details of the luxury private island property include:
- DEEP WATER DOCKS: Two deep-water dock allocations on Bass Creek Panoramic waterway and marsh views for water sports such as fishing and kayaking.
- CLUB MEMBERSHIP: Ownership allows for four separate Club memberships. With all the perks that come with living on the Island, the most notable is a Membership to the Kiawah Island Club, a private entity that offers access to exclusive events, venues, amenities, and more. Ownership of this rare property allows for four separate Club memberships.
- BUILD OPPORTUNITIES: Potential for subdivision into four homesites or one expansive family compound, similar to that of the Vanderhorst Estate that sold this past summer.
- LAND TITLE: Sole Kiawah property that includes King’s Grant Title to adjacent marsh. Ideal for exploration and undisturbed views.
- PRIVACY: 800-foot buffer between likely home footprint and closest neighboring house for those who are looking for privacy.
- BEACH ACCESS: Easy access to the East Coast’s most famous private beach and Beach Club.
- PRIVATE ENTRANCE: Provisionally eligible for private entrance gate in addition to the Island’s private gate entrance.
Life on Kiawah Island
Owning a luxury private island comes with its perks. The beauty of being a Kiawah resident is that you get to choose the lifestyle you want to live. Each day is an adventure filled with natural beauty, luxury, and many ways to play.
Golf is a large part of the culture here. With access to five public courses and two private courses as a Club Member, it’s no wonder luxury homeowners are flocking to The Island. There are five resort courses available to residents and visitors on the Island, including The Ocean Course, Osprey Point, Oak Point, Turtle Point, and Cougar Point. The top-rated courses host several professional-level tournaments each year, including the Ryder Cup and the 2012 and 2021 PGA Championship.
Club Members also have access to the Island’s top private courses, the Cassique and River Courses. Cassique is the area’s only links-style course and reminiscent of the famous UK and Irish venues. Whereas the River Course reflects the natural landscape of the Island which reflects the landscape of the surrounding area. As a Kiawah resident, you have the freedom to choose where to play.
In its entirety, the Island focuses on providing exceptional experiences from beginning to end. Across Kiawah, all events, venues, and facilities, are known for their high-quality standards and superb service. Your time on the Island is tailored to your preferences, from the amenities offered to the activities available. All employees of the Kiawah Island Club and Real Estate are dedicated to always providing you with the best of the best.
Take a Peek at The Most Unique Amenities at The Kiawah Island Club.
Health and Wellness Pursuits
Members are passionate about healthy living, which is evident in everything from the Club’s menus to its massage treatments. Fitness and training facilities, a five-star spa, health-focused interior design, and a variety of dining venues ensure that you thrive while living on the Island.
Learn More About One of the Most Luxurious U.S. Islands for Sale
Click the button below to view the property’s listing and learn more about purchasing this luxury private island and all that it has to offer.