85 Ocean Course Dr
85 Ocean Course Drive | Own an “Island within an Island”
On the eastern end of Kiawah Island lies a spectacular 25-acre estate property nestled in the curve of Bass Creek where you can feel the sea breeze and watch the sun set over the water every evening.
Here, some of Kiawah’s most-celebrated landscapes gloriously intermingle: amber marshlands, towering pines, sparkling creeks, majestic oaks. Connected to Ocean Course Drive by a private entrance, the epic scale and truly unparalleled privacy set this land apart. It is the largest homesite parcel in the history of Kiawah Island, and though it has always been home to wildlife such as deer and egrets, it soon will be home to a property owner.
A full 3.78 acres of highland comprise the buildable region of the landscape set in almost 360 degrees of waterway and marsh views. The peninsula connects to both the Kiawah and Stono Rivers via Bass Creek and is 16 miles or about 50 minutes from the City Marina in downtown Charleston by boat. The Town of Kiawah Island has designated two areas of the property for deep water docks, and Bass Creek will support boats with up to a four-foot draft at low tide.\n
Some of Kiawah’s most prized amenities are minutes away via walking and biking trails: the breathtaking and bustling Marsh House; the oceanfront Beach Club; Pete Dye’s famed Ocean Course fairways, host of the 2012 and 2021 PGA Championships; and ten miles of stunning Atlantic shoreline.
This exquisite new address is 85 Ocean Course Drive.
We call it Cougar Island. But you can call it “home.”
COUGAR ISLAND HIGHLIGHTS
- With marsh and highland, the largest homesite in the history of Kiawah Island
- Ownership allows for four separate Club memberships of any type
- Potential for subdivision into four homesites or one expansive family compound
- Sole Kiawah property that includes King’s Grant Title to adjacent marsh
- Two deep-water dock allocations on Bass Creek
- Panoramic waterway and marsh views
-Unmatched 800-foot buffer between likely home footprint and closest neighboring house
- Set within the coveted Ocean Park neighborhood
- Easy access to the East Coast’s most famous private beach and Beach Club
- Provisionally eligible for private entrance gate
OCEAN PARK HIGHLIGHTS
- Pete Dye’s Ocean Course, host of the 2012 and 2022 PGA Championships
- The architecturally dazzling Marsh House indoor/outdoor venue and infinity pool
- The Treehouse, a family favorite for imaginative play
- The mile-long interior ribbon park
- Walking trails traversing shady oak forests and verdant, rolling meadows
View the map to explore amenities and travel time to nearby points of interest
Unlock everything the island community has to offer with a membership to The Kiawah Island Club, a private membership club exclusively for property owners. Get access to a host of luxurious island amenities, exceptional concierge services, private venues, and special members-only events.Learn More
Fill out the form to request more information about this property.