Named the No. 1 Golf Resort in the U.S. by Travel + Leisure Golf.
Kiawah’s golf community includes nine elite courses. Seven, including the Ocean Course are owned and operated by the Kiawah Island Golf Resort and are designed by the likes of Pete Dye, Tom Watson, Jack Nicklaus, Gary Player, and Clyde Johnston. The Kiawah Island Club’s private courses include designs by Tom Watson and Tom Fazio.
Kiawah is recognized internationally for its world-class golf courses. The Island has been a proud host to several championships including the 1991 Ryder Cup, the 2012 PGA Championship and the upcoming 2021 PGA Championship.
- 1991 Ryder Cup, Ocean Course
- 1997 World Cup, Ocean Course
- 2001 UBS Cup, Cassique
- 2003 World Cup, Cassique
- 2005 PGA Professional National Championship, Ocean Course
- 2007 Senior PGA, Ocean Course
- 2009 US Mid-Amateur Championship, Cassique
- 2012 PGA Championship, Ocean Course
- 2021 PGA Championship, Ocean Course
The Kiawah Island Golf Resort’s Golf Academy includes a state-of-the-art Learning Center with a full range of instructional programs. The Kiawah Island Club Golf Academy, led by Carol Preisinger — a top 100 Golf Instructor, focuses on technique, golf fitness, mental training, and club fitting.