Helping to improve lives right in our own community
In addition to a strong dedication to the natural environment, Kiawah Partners is committed to the broader sea islands and Charleston’s welfare. We look for opportunities to share our resources, improve lives throughout the Lowcountry, and foster a company culture of service to those less fortunate.
We believe it is the world just beyond our own backyard where we can make the greatest impact and develop the strongest relationships. Our community outreach efforts support the health and educational needs of Lowcountry children and conservation of the endangered or critical habitats around us. Through monetary contributions and in-kind donations of our facilities, Kiawah Partners has helped raise millions of dollars for organizations throughout the region. Since the Kiawah Island Club was established in 1993, we estimate that more than $2.5 million has been donated by Kiawah Partners through the use of golf courses for charity tournaments alone. Additionally, our employees choose a charitable initiative each year and dedicate their time, money, and resources to the needs of that organization.
Recent charitable contribution recipients:
- Barrier Islands Free Medical Clinic
- The Urban Land Institute Foundation
- Kiawah Island Natural Habitat Conservancy
- Sea Island Habitat for Humanity
- Lowcountry Foodbank
- Lowcountry Open Land Trust
- Charleston Collegiate School
- Dee Norton Lowcountry Children’s Center
- Medical University of South Carolina Foundation
- Gibbes Museum of Art
- Lowcountry Orphan Relief
- Charleston Symphony Orchestra