Kiawah Partners’ deep commitment to environmental stewardship and sustainable development sets us apart
Kiawah Island is widely recognized for executing an environmentally sensitive master plan. In a steadfast commitment to merging mindful development with natural beauty, Kiawah Partners delivers the highest levels of service while preserving the authentic natural and cultural experiences that define the Lowcountry.
As a leader in coastal development, Kiawah Partners is known for its commitment to protecting wildlife and natural habitats while integrating award-winning golf courses, miles of leisure trails, and community-fostering green space worthy of distinction. This commitment is rooted in our past and will lead us in our future by remaining true to the values and standards of excellence that guide us.
- Conservation easement of 150 highland acres to Ducks Unlimited, Inc. and Kiawah Conservancy
- Loggerhead Sea Turtle Nest Protection Program
- Setback requirement for all oceanfront structures
- Voluntarily reduced cap on allowable residential development
- Restrictive covenants on residential structures to limit square footage, ground coverage, height restrictions
- Audubon Sanctuary certification for golf courses and related facilities
Through this work, Kiawah Island has been recognized by state agencies and national organizations dedicated to the preservation of the environment.
- Urban Land Institute Award for Excellence in Community Planning
- South Carolina Department of Natural Resources: Environmental Stewardship Award
- South Carolina Wildlife Foundation: Land Conservationist of the Year
- American Society of Landscape Architects: National Merit Award for ecological planning
- Audubon Certified Cooperative Sanctuary: The River Course
If you have any questions or comments or would like to get in touch with us, please let us know and we will follow up at your preferred date and time.