THE ECO-FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD OF HGTV’S 2013 DREAM HOME
Centrally located near The River Course, Sasanqua Spa, and the second gate, Indigo Park is Kiawah Island’s premier green real estate neighborhood, featuring 16 homes nestled along a verdant marsh and among grand live oaks.
Each Indigo Park dwelling will be built with LEED certification as its goal—using the highest grade earth-friendly, sustainable materials proven to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, lessen lasting effects on the environment, and provide durable, low-maintenance homes just steps away from a three-acre community park.
Be the first to know!
Sign up to receive notices on new products, pricing, and events related to Indigo Park.
Eco-friendly home design
Indigo Park’s home designs aren’t just friendly to the environment, they’re friendly to the pocketbook:
- Each home features geothermal heating and cooling year-round. (Geothermal heating and cooling systems use a piping system underground to take advantage of the stable temperatures of the Earth. Water circulates in a loop to cool air or exchange heat between the home and the Earth at very high efficiencies. Some professionals estimate it can cut heating, cooling, and hot water bills by up to 80%.)
- Available in several color palettes, each home’s NuCedar exterior shingles reduce homeowner maintenance since they need no painting or staining, and they never rot or fade.
- Featuring low-E glaze and additional insulating chambers, each home’s hurricane-rated windows are virtually maintenance-free.
- Each home’s true standing seam metal roof features a full 20-year coastal warranty.
- The decks and covered porches of every Indigo Park home are constructed with durable, forest-certified garapa wood, which naturally ages beautifully and requires no annual sealer.
- Each home’s low-flow plumbing fixtures, Rinnai tankless hot water heater, and Energy Star laundry appliances lower utility bills.
- Each home’s state-of-the-art, formaldehyde-free Spyder insulation is made from recycled glass for maximum energy efficiency.
- The floors and roofline of each home are insulated with closed-cell foam insulation to add structural strength and energy efficiency.
- All ductwork in each home will be run inside the insulation envelope to eliminate wasteful leaking.
- A dedicated circuit in the garage will charge an electric or hybrid car.
- Each home’s landscaping features garden swells and indigenous, drought-resistant plants, requiring significantly less maintenance and lowering water bills.
Each Indigo Park home is also pre-wired for a premium sound system and offers an optional elevator from the garage to all levels. Kitchens feature custom Viking appliances and living rooms include fireplaces. White oak flooring throughout each floor plan is available in a natural or dark stain.
In each home’s garage, the eight-foot-ceiling is constructed of fire-rated drywall, and the exterior walls are made with PVC horizontal slats with a lifetime factory finish.
New homes are under construction now
Construction has begun on three new Indigo Park homes. 141 Halona Lane will bring The Camellia four-bedroom plan to life by summer 2016, including a pool, elevator, and fireplace. 125 Halona Lane will feature The Palmetto five-bedroom plan. Due to be completed by late 2016, it will also include a pool, elevator, and fireplace. 129 Halona Lane will also feature the five-bedroom Palmetto with a pool, elevator, and fireplace.
Homes typically require 16-18 months for completion due to the high demand for Kiawah Island homes.
Kiawah Island Club Membership opportunity
As an Indigo Park homeowner and Kiawah Island Club Member, you and your family will enjoy access to all Club amenities: The Beach Club, Sasanqua Spa, Cassique, The River Course and its clubhouse, and all the recreation, entertainment, and dining each facility offers, plus, of course, 10 miles of America’s most beautiful beachfront. Also, owners of Indigo Park homes will have the option to lease their property through the Homeowners’ Association.
Indigo Park is the vision of Candace Dyal, president of Dyal Compass LLC. Candace has teamed up with Christopher Rose Architects and Royal Indigo Construction to fulfill what she calls “a concept that’s important to everyone on the team: to build with a conscience.” With this aspirational vision met, Indigo Park would be the first community of LEED homes within a luxury resort.