Dear Friends of Kiawah Island Real Estate,
It’s no secret that the real estate market conditions have been challenging over the past couple of years. The shift in the economy has really changed the way individuals make decisions, and customers are approaching the buying process more informed than ever before. As a service to our customers, we strive to make more facts available so they can get a clearer picture of Kiawah Island Real Estate and the quality of services we provide.
As we begin a New Year, we thought we would use this opportunity to provide some of those facts for you. We hope you find this information helpful or insightful.
- KIRE’s dollar volume increased 51% over 2009 for a total of more than $250M.
- Total number of properties sold in 2010 increased 26% over 2009.
- High-end property sales on Kiawah more than doubled in 2010 with a total of 31 properties above $2.5M sold compared to only 15 in 2009.
- In June, KIRE recorded the largest-ever residential real estate transaction in Charleston County’s history with the $14 million sale of one of the Island’s most premiere homes.
- The Cottages at Cypress Point held its grand opening in the spring of 2010, and since then KIRE has already sold more than 50% of the neighborhood. The new Tranquility Garden & Pool opened this past fall for neighborhood homeowners to enjoy.
- KIRE’s release of new homesites on Tom Watson Lane in Cassique helped cultivate a surge in homesite sales. A total of 12 homesites were sold there, totaling nearly $6.5 million in sales.
If these facts are any indicator of what 2011 will bring for Kiawah it’s that customers strongly believe in Kiawah and KIRE, and that we will have the pleasure of welcoming many new families and individuals from across the country into our Island family.
We also have the preparations for the 2012 PGA Tour Championship at Kiawah to look forward to over the next two years. We are excited to share with you the ongoing progress of this once-in-a-lifetime event. Believe it or not, daily tickets are 94% sold so be sure to consider buying yours today!
Find events and activities